What cookies are?
Cookies are small text files which are stored on a user’s computer or mobile device to be sent back on the user’s next visit.
There are many types of cookie, with various different characteristics and persistence features.
Some cookies are deleted automatically when the browser is closed; others remain on the user’s device until an expiration date is reach. This expiration date is set by the website publisher or its suppliers (so-called third-party cookies).
Installing a cookie can represent a potential threat to the user’s privacy. That is why domestic and European legislation requires that users are informed about how cookies are used by website publishers.
In order to use certain cookies, the user must provide his/her consent. For other types of cookie, however, this consent is not required.
Cookies used for the sole purpose of transmitting a communication over an electronic communications network, or used to the extent strictly necessary to provide a service explicitly requested by the user do not need consent and are defined as “technical cookies”.
However, the user can manage his/her cookie preferences through his/her browser settings, preventing any cookie from being stored.
This website only uses “technical cookies” or similar for which the user’s consent is not required and these cookies are set directly by BMT srl through the website manager.
– Browsing or session cookies. These cookies ensure that the website can be browsed and used properly (allowing, for example, access to reserved areas to be authenticated).
– Analytics cookies. These cookies are used to collect, in aggregate form, user numbers and how users visit the website.
– Functional cookies. These cookies ensure the best use of the service which is made available through the website (for example, choice of language, etc.).
Cookie persistence for those cookies set by the BMT srl website is detailed below:
- _ga bmtbagni.itRecords a unique ID used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
- _gat bmtbagni.itUsed by Google Analytics to limit the frequency of requests
- _gid bmtbagni.itRecords a unique ID used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
- _icl_current_language bmtbagni.it this cookie records the language code of the last page visited: for example, “en” for English or “it” for Italian.
Disabling cookies through a browser
The links below allow management through the main browsers:
If none of the browsers listed above are used, select “cookies” in the relative section of the manual to find out where the cookie folder is located.
The user should note that choosing not to authorise technical cookies could make it impossible to use the website, view its content and use the related services.
Restricting functional cookies could mean that some services or certain functions are no longer made available or do not work properly and the user could be forced to modify or enter certain information or preferences manually each time he/she visits the website.